Come along. Explore Judaism with us!
On your visit with us we will cover the following subjects:
The Torah Scrolls
The Jewish Symbols
- The Jewish Festivals
Interactive tour - Q&A's & Much More
Our tours are interactive. Visitors are welcome to ask questions.
The Ladywood Interfaith Education Project (LIEP)
Our aims are to:
- Nurture understanding and celebration of different faiths and beliefs among school children.
- Building on the partnerships of the communities of the four sacred spaces.
- Create opportunities for children to explore something of their personal spirituality.
- Enhance Religious Education syllabus of the schools involved.
School Visit Request
On receipt of your request form, we will check availability and confirm your booking via email. Visits normally last between one to one and a half hours.
Please ensure you book your visit well in advance to avoid disappointment. All bookings must be made at least 21 days in advance.
Birmingham Progressive Synagogue is entirely funded by donations. To help to cover our costs we ask for a voluntary donation of £1.75 per pupil (minimum £40.00) - teachers and helpers are free. Cheques should be made payable to ‘Birmingham Progressive Synagogue’ for receipt prior to the visit.
NB We can host up to 60 pupils at a time – remember, the smaller the number of children, the better educational experience they will have.
The coordinator is always available to answer questions or queries you may have prior to your visit, to ensure the time with us is tailor-made to your needs.
- Cancellations - we would appreciate as much notice as possible as some of our guides live a considerable distance away. A charge of £25 may be incurred if the cancellation is not notified at least 3 days prior to the visit.
- No food may be consumed on the premises.
- It is requested that males wear a head covering on the Synagogue premises.
- It would benefit visitors if notebooks or clipboards were on hand.
- Feedback from students and teachers is encouraged and would be most helpful.
- Cameras are allowed.